Saturday, June 30, 2007

Yesterday I was baking alot

I decided to really get into some baking for the weekend. I figured with the 4th I wanted some extra food in case of drop ins.
I started out with cheese corn bread. Simple recipe but meant turning on the oven but oh well, I did it anyway.
Here goes:
CORNBREAD
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons poppy seeds(optional)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. Grease or spray one 8x8 baking pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the poppy seeds, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Breat in the egg, milk and oil but well combined. Pour into pan and bake 25 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. While warm slather some butter over the top. Hey, cut a slice and enjoy.
Next I wanted something cool so I reached for a box of premix cheese cake. There are different brands out there so I went for the Jello. The crust is a graham cracker crust which is simple mixing the graham cracker mix with butter and pressing it in the bottom of a 8 or 9″ pie dish. Be sure to press down to make sure it will firm up. Put it in the refrig while making up the cheesecake filling. Just add milk to the cheesecake filling and blend according to the directions which can take a few minutes. Add the filling to the crust and let sit for at least an hour in the refrig. When ready to serve, pour a can of cherry pie filling(or any fruit you like) over the pie. Let sit and chill in the refrig while you are eating your meal. This serves 4-6 people.
Enjoy your holiday and be safe with the fireworks.

No comments: