Wednesday, May 2, 2007

May has finally arrived

So glad that May has finally arrived. Except now we are getting some high heat which is really early. Oh yes, Mother's Day is in 2 weeks. So I hope you are thinking already how and what you are going to do to make Mom's Day.

If she likes chocolate, I found a fantastic site on BHG with lots of chocolate recipes. Now the one I gave you is a slideshow for brownies. Surely you should be able to find something here that Mom would just love to eat. I was amazed as to how many variations they came up with. Somewhere in this maze they also have recipes for cakes and other sweets.
If you like to watch the Food Network, try to catch the Barefoot Contessa. She cooks down home style like Paula Deen with foods you may just already have in the house. I am interested in one of her books called "Everyday Recipes You'll Make Over and Over Again". It came out last October and the title alone intrigued me.
Do you like fresh, baked bread? The aroma is terrific. If you said yes, HERE is a step by step process. Once you start making this bread, you won't even want everyday white bread. I guar-an-tee it.

No comments: