Friday, May 4, 2007

Find good eating in Chicago

I was reading quite a discussion on Chicago and its notable foods. Very interesting being as I lived there for most of my early life. Hot dogs and deep-dish pizza are the in-foods today but I feel this might be for those visiting the city. Another additon is the Italian beef sandwich. We are such a diverse city it really is too bad to limit food selections. When I visit I certainly do not limit to these 2 selections. Being from the South Side I have such a variety to choose from like Italian, German, Greek, Polish, Chinese, really anything. This is true anywhere you are in the city. My family has lived there so long they have their favorites when it comes to going out for a meal. One for bbq ribs, pizza or a good steak. I usually check with them as to the latest find. If I have time I like german food at Ann Sather's. The bbq rib places are all good but I like The Patio and Luther's. I have noticed that buffet restaurants are not as plentiful. There is a good beef sandwich at Gyro's in Tinley and a great ice cream place at 193rd and Harlem. Check around before you end up at a fast food place. If you want to find a good place to eat, just ask one of the local folks.

No comments: