Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2008

The really big day is over and our bodies are stuffed with all the goodies that were available for us to devour. I said I would not look at any more cookies and there I was with my hand reaching for a crescent cookie for breakfast. I started out at one house for seafood gumbo which is a tradition here in the south. It was so fine but I still had another meal ahead of me. Being as I was invited for a fantastic prime rib dinner, I have no leftovers to contend with. This is when the question for many may arise as what to make with all the ham, turkey or some other main dish. My suggestion is to go for a casserole or pot pie or maybe use ham with potatoes au gratin(my favorite). One good thing is you can put the dish in the oven and go take a quick nap while it cooks. If you don't have to go near a mall, you will avoid the masses. Any bargains available will still be there for a few more days.
Anyway I want to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year 2008. I have many, many new recipes I have gathered over the year that I am looking forward to some new meals. Hopefully you will find something here that will perk you up.

No comments: