Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Holiday treats--FUDGE AND COOKIES



Well with the holidays now here, I like to dig out the cookie recipes and make my picks. I do add a few new ones each year and if I like them, they get added to the file. I am looking forward to making a nice assortment to take as well as to eat right here at home. We all deserve a treat, right!
I visited MOM'S MENU site today and found some great ideas to make things easier, time wise. Here is the article that will do it-- Hassle-Free Holiday Baking: 6 Easy Days to Perfect Christmas Cookies. Each day is laid out to complete a chore leading up to the actual baking day instead of doing it all at once. So I am going to try it and enjoy the fruits of my labor.
At the same site I found my joy of joys-- FUDGE MAKING. There are recipes listed for any and all kinds of fudge. True, I can't make them all but will make the old stand-by and go with a new idea as well like peanut butter fudge.
I have found some great ideas online for new cookies but will make at least two new ones. One is a ginger cookie and also a chocolate chip toffee bar. I figure when I come to visit with a nice assortment of cookies and a batch of fudge, I should receive a nice welcome.

No comments: