Tuesday, November 20, 2007

SAVEUR Thanksgiving



I went to one of my favorite sites--SAVEUR MAGAZINE-- to see what they had "cooked" up for Thanksgiving. Here is their menu for the holiday:
Stuffed Mushrooms
Thanksgiving Roast Turkey with Corn Bread Dressing
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Pecans
Turnip Soufflé
Thanksgiving Twofer Pie
This Twofer Pie intrigued me so I had to check it out. Maybe you might want to do the same. As described, this two-for-one pie bakes two favorites(pumpkin and pecan) into one delicious combo. This recipe is an adaptation of one in Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan (Houghton Mifflin, 2006).
Thanksgiving Twofer Pie MAKES 1 9" PIE
You can view the entire recipe HERE. However here is the last paragraph for the recipe that might get your mouth watering for such a combination.
5. To assemble: Give the pumpkin filling one last quick pulse, then remove bowl, rap it on counter to debubble batter, and pour filling into crust. Top pumpkin filling evenly with pecans, then pour over pecan filling. Poke down any pecans that float to the top and aren't covered with filling. Bake pie for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300° and bake for another 35–40 minutes, or until it is evenly puffed and a slender knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer pie to a cooling rack and let it stand until it is just warm or until it reaches room temperature.
As I mentioned that with Thanksgiving there are gobs of sites tauting the how-tos of making a great meal. I found that SAVEUR had a well rounded list of dishes to offer so just click HERE to see what amazing dishes are available including what is in their menu. You will not be dissappointed. BTW I have no connection with Saveur, I just like the magazine and the site.
Well that should cover Thanksgiving for now. I figure I have covered all there is on the meal and now I will enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from my coast to yours, Coasting Granny.

No comments: