Thursday, September 6, 2007

Chef John's Red Clam Sauce

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I just had to post this today as it was quite inviting. Here is the recipe from Chef John @ Food Wishes that he calls a favorite "go-to" dish. As he says it takes only 15 minutes to whip up and is good for anytime or group of people. He does have a video of how to make this but here is the recipe as well. Go to his Food Wishes site and read more of what he has to say about his "Go TO" dish.
1 pound pasta
2 cans (6.5 oz) chopped clams in juice
3 cups tomato sauce (plus 1/4 cup water to rinse jar)
1 cup good white wine
1 tbl anchovy paste or 2 fillets
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp red pepper flakes 2 tbl capers
2 tbl olive oil
Parmesan to taste
salt and pepper to tastefresh
herb to taste, basil or Italian parsley

I know it is rather hot in some parts of the U.S. and maybe you only make banana bread at Christmas but go check out this recipe at Food and Wine. I made it and it is delicious. No walnuts for me tho, so I tried some pecans. In fact Food and Wine has interesting articles on restaurants and wines as well. Give it a try for something different. May you have a good banana bread recipe you might like to share. Send it along in "comments"

1 comment:

Julie said...

One of my favorites, my aunt made this every week.