Thursday, August 9, 2007

TODAY is my big DAY


This is my big DAY--BIRTHDAY-- and lucky day too cuz I found a site with brownies galore from all over the world. Here at ONCEUPONATART are all the recipes submitted for the contest. BTW there also is a roundup-1 which you can reach if you look in the column to the right at the site. Chocolate Crunch Brownies was the winner. The recipe is located at llcskitchen and where I got the picture from. I read this recipe and cannot wait to make this but have to cut this recipe down some. This is going to be my treat for my birthday.
Dorie Greenspan-a noted chef- has her own blog. She states the following:Bake With Me on Serious Eats. Starting today, and for every Thursday forever after (or at least for a long while), I’ll be posting a recipe with tips and a story on serious eats. I have her cookbook and love it.
For all you Elvis fans I found his favorite recipe. Nothing fancy but supposedly he loved it(maybe too much.) In a small bowl, mash the banana with the back of a spoon. Toast the bread lightly. Spread the peanut butter on one slice of toast and the mashed banana on the other. Fry the sandwich in melted butter until each side is golden brown. Cut diagonally and serve hot. Got to try it as I love peanut butter and bananas.
Have a good day everyone and TRY to stay cool.