Saturday, March 31, 2007

HOLY WEEK STARTS SOON LIKE TOMORROW

I have been looking at many food blogs for a few weeks now and so much is centered around Easter. I am not into coloring eggs, peeps, chocolate bunnies, etc. but I love the candies that are available. Naturally I love all chocolate but I dearly love the malted milk balls with their candy coatings. So I got two bags this year one with minis and then the bigger Whopper. Yummy is a good word for them. I really need to get another bag before Easter is over and they pull them off the shelves.
All the standard food sites like BHG, Sunset, Bisquick, Pillsbury, Martha White, etc. have interesting menus mostly using lamb and ham as the main course with fresh green asparagus spears.
MW had Old-Fashioned Chicken and Dumplings, The Crescent City Skillet, Buttermilk Chess Pound Cake, and Mom's Apple Cobbler.
One interesting site is
Mom's Menu Kitchen that covers various cooking ideas from the main meal to desserts. Sign up for her weekly newsletter email which always has interesting choices and Easter will be just as enjoyable. You can find a good Carrot Cake here with cream cheese frosting.
I have been looking for a recipe for a Lamb or Bunny Cake which usually is a pound cake made in a mold but have not found anything yet. If anyone has something like that, I would love to hear from you. Next week I am going to search out the food blogs for what they have to offer for Easter. If you have some favorites, email me and I will add them to my blog. Thanks for coming.

No comments: